Laura Sanko is an American ESPN MMA analyst and UFC color commentator who is also known as a former professional MMA fighter. Laura has established herself as a valuable asset to the UFC’s pre- and post-fight shows. As a result, she has achieved a significant milestone in her broadcasting career. In addition, she also became the first female color commentator in modern UFC history.
Six-Year Relationship Led to a Lifetime Commitment
With exceptional skills and knowledge of the sport, the beautiful Laura Sanko started her remarkable journey as a color commentator on Dana White’s Contender Series. The color commentator keeps her relationship away from social media.
On September 7, 2012, Laura Sanko married entrepreneur Nathan Sanko. However, the couple met in 2006 and started to date. After 6 years of a long relationship, the couple decided to union by becoming husband and wife. The pair is blessed with a child Burke Sanko, born after a year of their marriage on December 21, 2013.
People Also Search: Is Suzy Kolber Married? Know Her Husband And Family
Is Laura Sanko Gay?
Tonya Evinger is an American experienced mixed martial artist. Evinger has previously competed in the Ultimate Fighting Championship, EliteXC, Raging Wolf, and Invicta Fighting Championships.
Tonya Evinger is the Invicta women’s bantamweight champion and defended her title in California on May 8, 2016. Reportedly she puked in a bucket after a fight. Tonya grasped Laura by the face and smacked her on the lips. After that, the topic was initiated, and people started to call Laura, gay.
Sanko said in justification of Evinger on Twitter.
“Intention is 100% of the equation, If a male I knew was trying to be funny and did that, I would still laugh it off.”
Laura evidently had no problem at all with the kiss, as she posted the above tweet after the fight. Evinger also justified her behavior:
“So to all my haters out there stirring the pot over my attempt to win ‘moment of the year,’ take a chill pill and relax,” she wrote on Twitter. “Me and Laura are friends and not everyone is as fragile flowers as you guys, some people have a sense of humor. Thanks again Laura Sanko for being such a good sport and helping me win this time around.”
Birth Date, Nationality & Ethnicity
Laura Sanko was born on December 7, 1982, in Illinois, USA. She was born into white ethnicity family who believes in the Christian religion. Sanko is an American citizen, and her hometown is in Kansas. Her zodiac sign is Sagittarius.
Her father’s and mother’s name is not available. She was raised with her brother and sister. Her brother’s name is Steve Marcusse, whereas her sister’s name is not available. She completer her high school at Kansas City Christian School. Furthermore, she went for higher education at William Jewel College.
Facts About Laura
- Sanko started working as an in-cage and sideline reporter for the Ultimate Fighting Championships.
- She was in her mid-20s when she decided she wanted to start fighting, but her family wouldn’t let her.
- When she was 14, she wanted to join a band, but her extremely conservative Midwest parents didn’t want her to get a guitar because they feared it would lead to her hanging out with the wrong crowd.
- She has an allergy to dragonfruit.
- Her grandfather, stationed on Tinian Island, was part of the mechanics’ crew servicing the Enola Gay.
- She has had the opportunity to collaborate with various businesses, including Eat to Evolve and Direct Hemp.
- The commentator is still very active, and in doing regular workouts in the gym, she also works with a fighting trainer.
- Laura’s interest in martial arts began at an early age. After viewing the film Karate Kid.
- She is also a skilled pianist.
- She has a strong affinity towards animals, particularly horses, and has a horse named Sam.