Last Updated : January 16, 2022
|Quick Info→||Age (2022): 54 Years Old||Husband/Spouse: Jason Drumheller|
Who is Rhonda Walker?
She is a television journalist and news presenter from the United States. She is now a morning news anchor for WDIV TV 4 News in Detroit.
She is the founder and president of the “Rhonda Walker Foundation,” a non-profit organization that helps inner-city young girls. The foundation is dedicated to the education and personal welfare of women. Rhonda has dedicated her life to giving back to the Detroit community.
Rhonda’s enthusiasm for giving back and uplifting others is shown by the almost 75 appearances she makes during the year as a motivational speaker and in support of humanitarian causes.
|Short Bio and Career|
|Real/Birth Name:||Rhonda Gillium|
|Profession:||News Anchor, Television Journalist|
|Active From:||2003 – Present|
|Family and Siblings|
Dr. Ronald Gillium
|Date of Birth:||20th November 1968, (Thursday)|
|Age (As in 2022):||54 Years Old|
|Birth Place:||Detroit, Michigan|
|Home Town:||Lansing, Michigan|
|Education:||Michigan State University|
|Engaged Date:||26th September 2018|
|Marriage Date:||31st August 2019|
|Divorced With:||Derrick Walker (American Football Player)|
|Boyfriend/Dating:||Robert Shumak (2010 – ?)|
|Height:||5 Feet 11 Inches (180 cm)|
|Weight (Approx.):||165 lbs. (75 KG)|
|Quotes & Books|
|Books:||Willie Out West (2013)|
Beyond the Shadows Is Tomorrow: Stories of Today’s Women of Faith Rhonda Walker (2013)
|Personal Quotes:||“I love all walks of life, golfing, giving & helping others.”|
|Awards & Nomination|
|Awards:||Ambassador Magazine’s Red Seal Award (2011)|
Wolverine Bar Association’s President’s Award (2012)
National Association of Black Journalists (NABJ) Angelo B. Henderson Community Service Award (2018)
Congressional Black Caucus Michigan Delegation Community Change Agent Award (2019)
Catch Charity Hall of Fame for Extraordinary Charitable Contributions (2019)
Dr. Gerald K. Smith Humanitarian Award from Black Family Development, Inc. (2019)
Northwood University Distinguished Woman Award (2019)
Neal Shine Award for Excellence in Media Commitment to Philanthropy (2019)
|Income & Assets|
|Net Worth:||$1 Million|
|Annual Salary:||$300 Thousand|
See Also: Amy Stran [QVC] Facts- Age, Husband, Twin, Net Worth, Height
Other Facts You Need To Know About Rhonda Walker:
- Rhonda Walker began her career as a reporter for Detroit’s WJBK-Fox 2 News. After that, she got a job with the WDIV-Local 4 News team as a morning news anchor.
- In March 2003, she established the Rhonda Walker Foundation for the welfare of needy families. Through her foundation, she tends to educate and empower the inner city teen girls of Detroit.
- In 2007, she became an evening anchor and a fitness anchor. She has been volunteering in the Detroit community for many charitable works in addition to her television career.
- Rhonda is a member of the Renaissance Chapter of Links Inc. and a board trustee at Harper/Hutzel and Detroit Receiving Hospitals.
- During a trip to Miami, Jason Drumheller proposed to Walker in 2018.
- Rhonda was a leading force behind the award-winning Give and Get Fit campaign, which encourages RWF youth and families to live healthy lives while simultaneously growing neighborhood awareness around fitness, wellbeing, and nutrition.
- In 2019, she underwent surgery and was forced to rest for two months due to her medical condition.
- Her favorite sports are Golf, Baseball, and football.
- Her grandfather Eugene Coleman was a Tuskegee Airmen who served heroically in World War II in the U.S. Air Force
Major Sources / References