|Quick Info→||Age (2023): 48 Years Old||Wife/Spouse: Stefany Thurmond|
Who is Alan Kay?
Alan Kay is the winner of History Channel’s premiere season of ALONE and a retired law enforcement officer born and raised in Georgia. He spent much of his childhood in the woods, building shelters with his beloved hatchet.
Alan’s love of the woods intensified over time. By the time he was in his twenties, he had developed the abilities and attitude required to adapt and survive in any environment. So he joined the season by taking a one-year leave from his job at the Department of Corrections.
Kay outlasted nine other guys by spending 56 days alone in the Pacific Northwest (Vancouver Island) wilderness with no camera crew, no human contact, many predators, and severe, damp weather. He had to film everything himself.
|Real/Birth Name:||Alan Kay|
|Famous As:||Alone Season 1 (Winner)|
|Family and Siblings|
Name Not Available
|Date of Birth:||17th August 1975, Sunday|
|Age (As of 2023):||48 Years Old|
|Birth Place:||Blairsville, Georgia, USA|
|Children/Kids:||He has four children whose names are unknown|
|Weight Loss:||60 Lbs|
|Achievement:||Alone Season 1 Winner|
|Income & Assets|
|Net Worth:||$500 Thousand (Estimated)|
You May Like: Alexandra Daddario Boyfriend, Dating, Interesting Facts
Alan was born on 17th August 1975 in Blairsville, Georgia, USA. As of 2023, he is 48 years old. He is holding the lion astrological sign, Leo. He is an American citizen and follows Christianity.
Alan Kay’s Wife
Kay has been hiding most of the things. For example, his wife’s name is Stefany Thurmond. But unfortunately, we are unable to find more detail about her and their love life. The same goes for children; some sources say they are blessed with four children; none of their names or any information is public for now.
Who is Nicole Apelian To Alan Kay
Alan and his partner Nicole gave various knowledge about surviving skills and emergency preparedness training. Both of them live in the same neighborhood in North Portland. Although they appeared in different seasons of the History Channel Show “Alone,” they later connected after filming for a commercial.
Alan Kay’s Net Worth
The expert has many things under the shade. Unfortunately, net worth also falls under it. Looking at some sources, His estimated net worth is $500 Thousand.
What is Alan Kay Doing Now?
For the past 15 years, he has been passing down his survivalist expertise (wilderness survival, preparedness, and self-defense) as a private instructor to people, especially children all across America.
What was the best Meal he had while on Vancouver Island?
The best meal he had, was a tiny fish and a couple of Dungeness crabs steamed on a bed of seaweed. There were also a couple of limpets and mussels in there.
You May Know: Dua Lipa’s Mom Anesa Lipa Facts- Wiki, Age, Nationality, Family, Husband, Job, Net Worth
Why did he choose a Kukuri above any other Style of Knife?
Because, in his view, it is the most versatile-edged instrument on the earth. It is the only instrument that covers the gap between knives and axes.
What are the Ten Things He took with him on Vancouver Island?
3. Sleeping bag
4. Large 2-quart pot
5. Ferro rod
6. Water bottle/canteen
7. 300 yards single filament line with 25 assorted hooks
8. Small gauge gill net
9. 3.5lb wire
10. Knife (kukuri)
What will be any of the Ten Items he would like to Change he Brought in Hindsight?
He said he would change two things; one his boot and another his sleeping bag into a modular sleep system.
Other Quick Facts and Trivia
- He loves poetry, and he tries to memorize a lot of it.
- He would say that the bagpipes are one of the most affecting parts for him in terms of music. When he hears bagpipes, he experiences an array of complex emotions for him to put into words.
- He is also skilled in combative arts such as barehanded, stick, and knife fighting.
- Kay stated that it has been difficult for him to adapt to ordinary life even 15 months after returning from the Island.
- On an Island, he used to brew tea from hemlock tree needles (a good source of Vitamin C). He also made use of the tree’s sap. Since he didn’t have any toothpaste, he’d simmer it down and use it as a mouthwash or antibacterial.
- When he came home after spending 56 days on Island, he couldn’t sleep the first night because of the hum of electricity; he felt as if it was just sensory overload.
- He used to try and locate elders in his community to talk to about things because he didn’t have a degree in it. And he believes that “you may learn a lot about something through someone’s story that you won’t find in a book.”
What is Alone on The HISTORY Channel?
Alone is an American reality television series that airs on History. It covers the self-documented daily hardships of ten individuals (seven paired teams in season 4) as they attempt to survive alone in the woods for as long as possible with only a limited supply of survival gear. The participants are segregated from each other and all other people, with the exception of medical check-ins. They can “tap out” at any time or be removed if a medical check-in is failed. The contender who lasts the longest receives $500,000. Grand prize.
1. Alan Kay Survival