Who is Darya Folsom?
Darya Folsom is an American journalist presently working as the morning anchor in the Bay area. Before joining the KRON-TV news crew, she worked as a Morning Anchor for WTTG-TV in Washington, D.C., as Anchor and reporter in Phoenix, Portland Maine, Palm Springs, Boise Idaho, and Kansas.
Age, Nationality & Ethnicity
The stunning journalist was born on October 10, 1965, in the state of Connecticut, United States of America. Her birth sign is Libra, and as of 2023, she is now 58 years old.
Darya Folsom is an American citizen who believes in and follows the Judaism religion. Moreover, she comes from a white ethnic family.
Darya Folsom’s Family
Darya Folsom was raised in Connecticut by her loving parents. But, one by one, her entire family, including her maternal and paternal relatives, moved from Connecticut to the Bay area over the last 20 years. Folsom dreamed of being a journalist at age five and owned a tape recorder that she used to interview her younger sister.
Darya also has one brother, Steve Hirschfeld, a co-founder of Hirschfeld Kraemer LLP and the CEO of Employment Law Alliance. He graduated high school in 1975 and then pursued an arts degree at St. Lawrence University. After that, he went to George Washington University Law School to study Law and completed his degree in 1982.
Darya Folsom’s Education
Darya graduated from the University of Kansas with a bachelor’s degree in journalism. After graduating from college in 1987, she went to London to study art history and political science.
Who is Darya Folsom’s Husband?
Darya’s personal and relationship life is still a mystery to the world since she hasn’t shared anything about it on social media. However, the Marin Independent Journal article about Darya in 2006 stated that Folsom was at a restaurant with her husband of 17 years for an interview.
The article also mentioned that she and a reporter had to move to the corner because a customer complained about her loud voice. The couple’s wedding date and location information are still not available. Additionally, it’s not clear whether they have children or not.
Darya Folsom’s Controversy
In December 2017, she was entangled in a controversy that also featured a well-known rapper Sean Diddy Combs. Henry Watford, a news anchor, was overheard in a video by multiple sources claiming that Diddy is a drunk who is blunt and also loves smoking. Henry Watford was quoted as stating this. After some time, all of Diddy’s admirers on Twitter responded negatively to Henry’s comments.
Later on, Henry expressed regret for his previous comments. In addition, Darya claimed in a video that Diddy’s supposed ailment prevents him from managing anyone and makes it impossible to control his drinking and abrasive behavior.
Darya Folsom’s Salary & Net Worth
Darya Folsom has an astonishing career as a morning news anchor at Kron4, located in San Francisco. She hasn’t revealed her salary, but according to Salary, a San Francisco news anchor has an average salary of $81,662 per year.
In addition, Darya has an estimated net worth of $1 million. This is just an approximate net worth and can be different from the exact amount.
9 Interesting Facts About Darya Folsom
- The violin and flute were two of Darya’s favorite instruments when she was a kid.
- Her work has brought her around the world to Guatemala, where she revealed sweatshops; to Hollywood for the Academy Awards; and to Chicago for the 1996 Democratic National Convention.
- She gets a lot of flak for performing obscene acts and wearing provocative outfits during the live event.
- Despite her age, she maintains a svelte and athletic physique through regular exercise.
- She has stated on social media that she is not a sports fan and follows it primarily as a part of her profession to stay informed and aware of what is happening in the world around her.
- It’s not just her career that Darya is passionate about; she also devotes her time to a number of charitable causes.
- The UFC champion’s father, Connor Mcgregor, dressed his son in a stylish blue suit with a yellow tie and black sunglasses in an August 2017 Facebook photo. In her mind, getting dressed was like dressing a dog; it was an apt comparison.
- In addition to her powerful voice, Darya’s commanding presence draws attention and interrupts talks.
- Darya conducted a full-body photo session for a San Jose Magazine cover story in 2004.