|Quick Info→||Age (2022): 35 Years Old||Husband/Spouse: Zak Cheney-Rice|
Who is Josie Duffy Rice?
Josie Duffy Rice is an American journalist, writer, and podcast host. She was also the President of The Appeal, a news magazine that promotes original writing on the criminal justice system, until May 2021.
She is also the founder and co-host of the podcast Justice in America, which focuses on prosecutors, prisons, and other criminal justice topics.
Josie Duffy Rice Bio, Age, Ethnicity
Josie was born in Atlanta, Georgia on May 16, 1987. She is 35 years old as of 2022. Additionally, She is of white race and American nationality. Duffy Rice follows Christianity as faith. And her zodiac sign is Taurus.
Josie Duffy Rice Family
Duffy Rice was born to Eugene Duffy and Norene Duffy. Rosa Duffy is her only sibling. Rosa is the proprietor of For Keep’s bookshop. Her grandmother is Josie Johnson, a civil rights activist who was active in Minneapolis during the civil rights struggle.
Duffy Rice graduated from Columbia University in 2008 with a bachelor’s degree in political science. After graduating from college, she worked as an executive assistant for a public defense group in the Bronx, which inspired her choice to attend law school.
Josie Rice enrolled at Harvard Law School in 2010 and graduated with a Doctor of Law degree in 2013. Duffy Rice preferred writing to legal practice, and she started working in policy and advocacy after law school.
Her Career Journey
Duffy Rice’s work mostly concerns criminal justice problems such as police brutality and cash bail. Duffy Rice supports eradicating police agencies as one way toward that end. Her first job was as an executive assistant for the Bronx Defenders in 2009.
She joined the Justice Collaborative in 2017, which hosted The Appeal, a website focused on policy, politics, and criminal justice. Duffy Rice was chosen president of The Appeal in 2019 and will remain in that position till 2021.
In addition, Duffy Rice was the co-writer of the first episode of Hulu’s anthology series The Premise in 2021.
Josie Duffy Rice Husband, Kids
In terms of her marital status, Josie Duffy Rice is married. Duffy Rice married journalist Zak Cheney-Rice in the same place where her parents had married 30 decades earlier.
This wonderful couple lives in Atlanta with their two children, Henry, a boy, and Josie Araminta, a girl. Josie Duffy and Zak got married on May 22, 2016.
Her Height and Body
The actual height and weight of Josie are unknown. However, she has excellent height, good body measurements, and decent body weight to match her size.
Josie Duffy Rice’s Net Worth
Much information about her income and net worth has not been revealed, although it is estimated that her net worth is approximately $1 million. She has also made a lot of money as a journalist and lawyer.
7 Quick Facts About Josie Duffy Rice
- Josie is now an interim co-host of Crooked Media’s daily news podcast, What a Day.
- Her work has appeared in publications such as The New York Times, Vanity Fair, The New Yorker, The Atlantic, and Slate.
- Josie is also the co-founder and former editor-in-chief of Seven Scribes, a website that includes essays, fiction, interviews, investigative journalism, and cultural commentary by young black authors.
- She is also on the Fortune 40-under-40 list in Government & Politics.
- According to her Tweet, her husband used to work the newsstand at Vromans.
- She tweeted that when she initially met her husband’s parents, he casually cursed in front of them, and she became terrified.
- She adores reading books by Vanessa A. Bee.