Who is Tim Matheson?
Tim Matheson is an American actor, director, producer, narrator, and voiceover artist best known for his portrayal of the party animal and ladies’ man, Eric ‘Otter’ Stratton, in the film ‘National Lampoon’s Animal House.’ His other most memorable role was as ‘Vice President John Hoynes’ in the hit television show ‘The West Wing.’
|Short Bio and Career|
|Real/Birth Name:||Timothy Lewis Matthieson|
|Family and Siblings|
|Father:||Clifford Matthieson (Pilot)|
|Date of Birth:||31 December 1947, Wednesday|
|Age (As of 2023):||75 Years Old|
|Birth Place:||Glendale, California, U.S.|
|School:||Fox Lane High School|
John Burroughs High School
|College:||California State University, Northridge|
(M. 1968-D. 1971)
Megan Murphy Matheson
(M. 1985- D. 2010)
Molly Matthieson Schmidt
(Daughter) (B. 1986)
(Daughter) (B. 1988)
(Son) (B. 1994)
|Height:||6 Feet 2 Inches (188 cm)|
|Weight (Approx.):||165lbs. (75 KG)|
|Hair Color:||Black and Gray|
|Quotes & Books|
|Personal Quotes:||“I’ve stolen something from every director I’ve worked with. As an actor and a director, you steal from the best. And there’s no reason why any shame should be attached to it.”|
|Awards & Nomination|
|Nominations:||Emmy-Outstanding Guest Actor In Drama Series |
|Income & Assets|
|Net Worth:||$7 Million|
You May Like: Deon Derrico [Actor] Wiki, Age, Net Worth, Kids, Facts
How old is Tim Matheson
Tim was born on 31st December 1947 in Glendale, California, U.S. As of 2023, he is 75 years old.
Tim Matheson’s Family
Tim’s parents are Sally Matthieson and Clifford Matthieson, a professional training pilot. He has a sister named Sue.
He started his schooling at Fox Lane High School. After that, he joined John Burroughs High school. He continued his educational journey and graduated from California State University, Northridge.
Tim Matheson’s wife
Tim is currently married to Elizabeth Marighetto. She is the third wife of an actor who previously married Megan Murphy and Jennifer Leak. The actress Jennifer was his first wife and stayed in a marital relationship from 1968 to 1971. After his divorce from his first wife, he started conjugal life with Megan Murphy, with whom he had three children. He stayed with her for 25 years and finally separated in 2010.
Tim Matheson Animal House
Animal House is a Tim Matheson co-starred movie released in 1978. It is one of the influential and most quoted comedy movies of the 1970s.
Tim Matheson Leave It To Beaver
Leave It To Beaver is a family sitcom released in 1957 and ran for seven seasons till 1963. Tim Matheson also acted in this series depicting the role of Michael.
Tim Mathison Height
The actor stands at a towering height of 6 feet 2 inches or 188cm.
Tim Matheson’s Net Worth?
As of 2023, The actor and producer Tim Matheson has a net worth of $7 million. He has accumulated a handsome amount of money through his acting and direction.
Other Fun Facts You Need To Know About Tim Matheson:
- His parents enrolled him in an acting class when he was ten years old because he was interested in acting from a young age.
- Tim Matheson got his first break in 1961, when he was just 13 years old, on the comedy TV series ‘Window on Main Street,’ playing Roddy Miller’s character.
- Tim Matheson made his film debut as ‘Mike Beardsley’ in the 1968 film ‘Yours, Mine, and Ours,’ starring Lucille Ball and Henry Fonda.
- While continuing to act in films and on television, Matheson and his business partner purchased the failing ‘National Lampoon magazine in 1989, hoping to turn its fortunes around. However, they could not do so and were forced to sell it.
- In 1964, he provided the main character’s voice in the animated series Jonny Quest.
- With the samurai action-comedy film ‘Blind Fury,’ he debuted as a film producer in 1990.
- From 1994 to 1995, he also directed a few television movies, including ‘Breach of Conduct’ and ‘Tails You Live, Heads You’re Dead.’
- He shot Behind Enemy Lines: Colombia (2009) in two days.
- For the first time, he met his first wife, Jennifer Leak, while co-starring in the film Yours, Mine, and Ours (1968).
- In 1999, he landed the most prestigious role of his television career as ‘Vice President John Hoynes’ on the West Wing’s hit political drama. He played the Emmy-nominated recurring role in the series for about seven years.
- He has also directed several commercials, including Lipton, Hellmann’s Real Mayonnaise, and others.